Gastrointestinal problems are very common among most of the people. Those who are suffering from gastrointestinal dysfunction may suffer from symptoms like constipation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. But it is very difficult to distinguish between normal acidity and this kind of problems. So here in this write up I am going to tell you the treatments for gastrointestinal problems.
- For those who are suffering from gastroparesis, prokinetic agents are the best for them. They improve the rate of motility in the patients. But these agents may also come with some side effects like agitation, fatigue and drowsiness. Erythromycin is a good medicine when taken in small amount. If the dose is increased, it may decrease the gastric accommodation.
- If you have burning sensation in the upper abdomen or if your stomach is full early before completing your whole meal, then you may be suffering from dyspepsia. Antidepressants or proton pump inhibitors are the best kind of medicine in these conditions.
- Correct nutrition is directly proportional to the health of your stomach. Always intake diet which is rich in fiber intake. Fiber will soften the stool and solve all your constipation problems. Also go for a low fructose diet. Higher intake of fructose will increase the sugar level in your body, thus causing bloating, diarrhea, nausea and pain in the abdomen.
- Both good and bad bacteria are present in the intestine. Probiotic supplements like Lactobacillus GG and Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12 help to maintain a balance between these good and bad bacteria in your stomach.
- Antidepressants are prescribed for people with chronic functional gastrointestinal disorders. They work directly on the central and peripheral nervous system.
So if you are suffering from any of these problems, then visit a doctor immediately and undergo any of the above treatments immediately to get rid of them.