It is said that, “blood sugar is a silent killer”. It’ll damage all of your main organs slowly if it remains untreated. In our daily busy schedule we always ignore to maintain our health. If you are a diabetic, then it can be a blunder to take this type of risk with your life. You can’t keep yourself away from the daily tensions of your life regarding office work, family, business and others. You can control your blood sugar by maintaining your food habits and physical activities. In this article, I’m will suggests you about some healthy food habits and effective physical activities, by which you can easily control your blood sugar level and lead a healthy life.
Food Habits for Diabetes
- Whole-grain carbohydrate foods are very effective to reduce blood sugar level.
- Instead of skipping breakfast for weight-loss, try to have limited amount of food. Empty stomach will increase the sugar level.
- Always try to eat slowly. Chew your foods several times to have a healthy digestive system.
- Drink a lot of water and it’s better to have a glass of water before and after a meal.
- Try to avoid watching TV while eating. Give your full attention to your meal.
- Distract yourself from sweets and oily foods. You can intake sweets and snacks for just once in a month but not on a regular basis.
- Use sugar free tablets while having tee or coffee but only once or maximum twice daily. Those sugar free tablets or powder is not good for health.
- Potato is the main source of increasing blood sugar level. If you are diabetic then reduce the consumption of potatoes as soon as possible.
Physical Activities for Diabetes
- You can walk or run at least for 40 minuets every day. Try to walk outside rather than in a treadmill. Outside walk is more enjoyable and healthy to decrease your diabetes.
- On the way to your office, park your car a little away from your destination and walk the remaining distance.
- Smoking is always harmful for your body not only for blood sugar level but also for lungs.
- Alcohol also affects badly on blood sugar but if you intake a limited quantity twice in a week then it can be helpful to stay healthy.
It is a challenging matter to maintain this lifestyle. But if you can maintain the above points, then surely you’ll get some positive news about your health. So, be conscious and follow the points and throw away your diabetic problems from the root.